Since I mostly lived life in slow motion, my outfits haven’t been very exiting the past 10 days. I had a dentist appointment and also have been to my dermatologist, that’s about it. My days have been spent knitting, reading and a couple of walks in the rain. I also dyed some clothes, I will show them in another post. Here’s 2 of my outfits the past 10 days. The ones worth mentioning.
My 30×30 challenge ended yesterday, so how did I do? What did I love, what couldn’t I live without and what did I not like that much?
The list of my 30 items changed a bit during the month, I took out some items before I used them and replaced them with better options. I thought I used a couple of extras, but when the end of the month came I actually worn exactly 30 items, not included accessories.
Here’s my original list:
And this is what I ended up with:
I replaced the yellow dress because when I finally received it, it turned out to be the ugliest dress ever. It was replaced by a navy dress with white stripes from Jean Paul.
Quite soon I also took the cream sweater from the 30, it wasn’t warm enough for this October so I replaced it with a rust cardigan.
For some reason I never wore the faux suede waterfall cardigan, so I replaced it with a quilted jacket which I needed when I was in Oslo a couple of days. I didn’t have room for the rust coat in my carry on and needed a lighter option.
Due to wet and cold weather I never got to wear the cognac shoes or the suede boots, those were replaced by rain boots and my waterproof utility jacket.
This is what I couldn’t have lived without:
1. The raincoat from BRGN
2. I soon missed my Timberland waterproof utility jacket as this is a bit more casual than the raincoat.
3. Timberland waterproof boots
4. Ilse Jacobsen rain boots, can’t wear same boots every day so needed 2 waterproof options.
5. Leather coated jeans, very practical when it’s pouring down.
6 and 7 My cozy pants from Global funk and 2nd one, seriously I could have lived in those pants.
8. My versatile dress from Moves by Minimum. It’s so practical to wear a dress when it’s raining. You can read why Here
1. Rust cardigan from Zavanna
2. Navy cardigan from Lindex, navy sweater from Oxmo and mustard jeans from Floyd.
3. Rust coat from Zara, I didn’t get to wear it much due to the weather.
4. Homeknitted (not by me) Fanakofte
5. Mustard sweater from Masai and kosebukse from Global funk.
6. Soft blazer from Penn&Ink and dark blue jeans from Fiveunits.
Not so much.
1. Sweater from Lindex, I would have loved it if it was a cardigan, the neckline is wrong for me. Note to self, look for cardigans and V-neck. Don’t ever buy crew neck sweaters and tees again.
2. Olive tee, don’t particularly like the print, makes it less versatile.
3. Off white shirt from Dranella, it’s a bit to white for my complexion and I don’t like the arms on it. Needs to be replaced with a more cream colored one. No rush though.
4. Charcoal Cardigan from H&M, a bit to chunky and not very good quality. Will eventually be replaced with a long cardigan of better quality and possibly also another color. No rush though.
5. Navy and white striped dress from Jean Paul. Actually I like everything but the stripes. I feel all I can see is the stripes. I can try to soften the stripes by putting the dress in tea, then stripes will be more off white or even taupe, I can dye it with blue dye.
So this was my summary of the 30×30 challenge, would I do it again? Definitely, I guess I’m almost doing it already more or less. I think next time I’ll leave out the outerwear and shoes, as our weather is to unpredictable to decide shoes and outerwear for a month. I managed this time due to the pouring rain most of the time.